Deliverance

“Sove the puzzles around you and escape the room with the secret formula.”

You play as a spy trying to collect secret data from a scientist. You have to break the code to the case where the files are. Can you break the case with the clue found in the scientists office?

Deliverance is a 3D tile based game where you can only move in a tiled grid and rotate those fore directions. It was the first project ever made in Aurora Borealis. Aurora is the engine we have made with Isak Morand-Holmqvist and David Nilsson as the two main engine programmers. Borealis is the editor we work in with Dino Zvonar as the main tools programmer.
Camera and Character was made by Ozzy Joelsson.

I worked a little on everything wherever I was needed.

What I worked on

Like stated earlier I worked a little on everything. In the beggining I was going to be a tool programmer but realized that I can work with everyone on anything that is needed.
I worked with Ozzy on gameplay with the level deigners being a sort of bridge between the two diciplines trying to create a good pipeline between the two.

Video showing animation and engine testing for puzzle

I worked on implementation and testing animations in the new engine and limit testin gwhat we could do for puzzles.

We wanted to have a puzzle that was spinning a whiteboard/blackboard really fast to see a code or image and we needed to test this in the engine to see if it was possible with the limited resources we had.

I made the menus for the game. I was not the one that implemented the rendering I used a predesigned function for rendering quads with and made the menus. We has keyborad interactions because we did not have any support for mouse clicks on specific objects.

I also added the little UI when you interact with the safe to tell the player what the controlls were to rotate the safe mechanism.

Menus in game I worked on

UI for the safe controlls to interact

Menus in game I worked on

UI for the safe controlls to interact

I made the menus for the game. I was not the one that implemented the rendering I used a predesigned function for rendering quads with and made the menus. We has keyborad interactions because we did not have any support for mouse clicks on specific objects.

I also added the littel UI when you interact with the safe to tell the player what the controlls were to rotate the safe mechanism.

I was the main person on any math problem. If there was a problem with math or someone needed to do math I was there to help and work with them because math is one of my strongsuits and I find it fun.

What I am most proud of

I don’t really have any single thing that I can say I am proud of because I dont have much to show. I like the menus I worked on while learning new things about an engine I have never worked in and am currently working on.

Screenshot of the game

I don’t really have any single thing that I can say I am proud of because I dont have much to show. I like the menus I worked on while learning new things about an engine I have never worked in and am currently working on.

I would say that I am happy with the way I really tried to communicate with the other diciplines and keep the communication going. I wanted good communication and group dynamic because I know how working with a group you dont have a good dynamic with can be very draining.

What I learned

I learned a lot about our new engine Aurora and about Borealis and how to work in both. How both worked and how we can improve on them.
This project was very short and did not allow for a lot of reflection but it was still a good trial for the pipelines between different diciplines and we could set up the pipelines between diciplines and thest them.